The Ubiquiti RocketDish RD-5G31-AC is a Carrier Class 2×2 Bridge Dish Antenna that was designed to seamlessly integrate with RocketM radios (RocketM sold separately).
Pair the RocketM’s radio with the RocketDish antenna’s reach to create the endpoint of a high-performance, Point-to-Point (PtP) backhaul. On the right is one example of how the RocketDish can be deployed.
The Ubiquiti Research and Development team engineered the RocketDish RD-5G31-AC with high isolation and Front-to-Back (F/B) ratio. The main benefit is improved Signal-to-Noise Ratio (S/N or SNR). The improved F/B ratio and lower sidelobes reduce the interference from other transmitters in the area – potentially on the same tower. The improved S/N ratio allows a higher-order modulation to be used, for example, 128QAM rather than 16QAM. This in turn increases the number of bits per second for a fixed bandwidth, which is also known as the data rate.
Because of its advanced engineering, the RocketDish RD-5G31-AC provides:
• Enhanced co-location
• Better performance
• Additional range
Innovative Mechanical Design
• Ruggedized mounting The mounting bracket is designed to securely mount and maintain the position of the dish during harsh outdoor conditions.
• Reduced weight The dish and mounting brackets are made of lightweight aluminum.
• Convenient installation The bubble level allows for easy alignment.
• Radome and shroud The included radome protects the inner components, while the metal shroud protects the cables and connectors from nature’s harshest elements.
• Dish, mounting brackets, and fasteners For superior corrosion resistance, the dish and mounting brackets are power-coated, and the fasteners are made of stainless steel.